Group Series Details and Registration
Tending to the past, liberating the future
An Online Learning and Support Group for Conscious Parents
Through this integrated program,
you will learn how to:
- Overcome guilt, frustration, and worry about your child rearing;
- Break the cycle of unhealthy inherited family relationship patterns; and,
- Develop greater resilience and resourcefulness within yourself and your children.
This program is for parents who recognize that their personal growth and healing is of great benefit to their children and the world at large, but that sometimes have difficulty living up to their own ideals, and that welcome support in this regard.
It is for open-minded, curious individuals that want to share this exploration in a community of like-minded peers.
Here you can learn, grow, and benefit yourself, you children, and your descendants.
Participating in this group format provides
multiple benefits, such as:
- The experience of giving and receiving mutual support with others
- Personal healing and growth that comes from bearing witness to others with empathy during their challenging moments
- Greater efficiency of learning and guidance in a group program versus through equivalent hours of individual 1:1 sessions (group programs are typically a fraction of the cost of individual counselling sessions)
1. What is truly precious to you? …What is difficult for you?
2. Boundaries: What do they really mean and how to uphold them?
3. Practicing Gratitude for ‘Everyday Blessings’
4. What to do during difficult moments and perhaps more importantly, what to do in between such times?
5. Respectful communication – all around
6. Supporting secure attachment through all the ages and stages
7. Emotion coaching – supporting optimum social emotional development
8. Clearing obstacles to loving relationships
9. Accessing your deepest resources
10. Parenting for peace, justice, and ecological literacy
Dates: Wednesdays: January 5, 12, 19, 26; February 2, 9, 16, 23; March 2, 9
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm (Pacific time, Vancouver, BC)
Location: Facilitated Online via Zoom
Limited to 20 participants
Please do not let the cost be a barrier to your attendance; alternative payment arrangements can be made upon request. Contact me to discuss the options.
I struggled with many of the issues that conscious parents wrestle with today. Despite a huge amount of learning, healing, and personal growth, still when we became parents, unresolved issues from our respective family systems bubbled up to the surface and we had to find a way to work through them.
We often think our job as parents is to help our children mature, and while that is true, I have also learned, (with the help of a great many teachers), that becoming a parent is a major catalyst for our own maturation as well (if we are open to it). So, it is my great desire to support conscious parents in this process of learning, healing, and personal growth for themselves and for the benefit of their children and descendants.
Matthew Ramsay, M.Sc., RTC (he/him)
Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC) with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT); Certified NVC Trainer with the Center for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC); and Systemic Constellations Facilitator